Thursday, October 22, 2009

What I Know Now

Part of the fun with 31 for 21 is that I'm finding new blogs. Some I can relate to and others not (hmm...sounds a lot like non-DS blogs too!). This is from one called Nuts and Boltz(10/15/09). I've only adapted it to make it for our family.

If I knew then what I know now.

If I knew then what I know now...

...I would not have worried about what the diagnosis would do to my marriage. It only made it stronger.

...I would not have worried about what it would do to my older child. It only made her better.

...I would not have worried about what other people think. It has enabled me to see who really matters.

...I would not have worried how E would be treated, because love surrounds him, both in what she attracts and what she gives back.

...I would not have worried about what my future would look like, because it looks just fine with her right beside me.

...I would not have worried about what her future looks like. The future is bright because of resources available to her, and because of the people who love her.

...I would not have worried about whether or not she would be happy, because she is joyful.

...I would not have worried about my shortcomings and how they'd be tested. Family and friends (old and new) and resources are as much available to me as they are to her. [added by me].

No comments: