Thursday, October 8, 2009

Language

Because E's speech is delayed, we've been using some basic signs (actually good for all kids) to communicate. Signs like eat, more, drink, play. We also have the Baby Signing Time* videos which we started watching this summer. I've tried them in the past, but she hadn't seemed too interested (e.g., totally ignored the TV), so I've tried them periodically and E finally keyed into them as you can see.






















In the last month or so, she started signing more and eat. Last night, while having snacks while M was at dance class, she signed this:



More crackers! Booyah!

*note, the Baby Signing Time videos are awesome. The picture of E watching, though, is of a different video, but I loved the pose. Here she is watching Baby Signing Times. Also, it was hot that day and there's always laundry in my living room. Who's keeping score when my baby says more crackers!

1 comment:

Cate said...

awesome!

funny, the PT just told me I should have A. lie down on her tummy more, if she'll stand it. Good for core strength. TV might be the answer.