Thursday, January 10, 2008

Setback

E was gavaged over night. It's disappointing and hard not to blame the night nurse for not taking all the time to get the feeding in, but the reality is that E's been doing a yeo(wo)man's job over the last 48 hours. She's doubled her volume of intake and her ability to be a productive eater. T & I too have been learning and, as she hasn't finished a feeding with me (I usually have to resort to the nurses), we all still have some work to do. Evenso, it's hard not to be disappointed that the clock gets restarted as of the 6:00 AM feeding. Although, on a positive note, E & I were able to complete the entire feeding together! Yay for progress.

In other observations, I love the luminescence of baby's skin. I still look at the clarity and beauty of M's skin and think it's one of the most beautiful things I've ever seen. E's skin is also beginning to take on the same inner glow. In fact, the other day I was holding her and thought, "how did you get glitter on you?" when I realized that it was the light reflecting off the very fine, blond, hair that she has. It was glinting in the overhead lights and gave her a sparkly glow. I wish I could capture it on film, but you'll just all have to see it when you meet her.

No comments: