Tuesday, September 30, 2008

I'm Sleeping With the Bassist

I don't know what it is, but when I talk about Big Daddy's band, it makes me happy to know that he's mine. On a rare night out in September, I went to see The Nu-Tones for their album release party. I just wanted to tell everyone that the bassist? He's mine*. And not only was he in the band, but he wrote what I think is their best song - Trendless Soul (#5 on the CD). And, despite being cooler than the other side of the pillow, he's a wonderful husband and great daddy. He's what you call - good people.


I've linked to their website on my sidebar. If you want to hear clips from their album, you can look them up on CD Baby or (deep breath) iTunes (search for Presenting the Nu-Tones). Yep, he (okay his band) is on iTunes. How's that for cool?


So check them out, and if you're in the area, they're playing this weekend**. Look all you like, but the Bassist? He's mine.

*mine in a '50s sort of way, not creepy stalker
**This was originally published, but somehow went back to draft mode. For their schedule, check out the Nu-Tones Website



1 comment:

Unknown said...

yay! this is so exciting! I definitely want the CD. I'm glad he's still keeping up with the music that is GREAT.